The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The President of Deception

Mitt Romney on the campaign trail last week pledged that he would not be a “president of doubt and deception”, like President Obama.  He’s not off to a great start, since his campaign statements have been larded with fabrication and falsehood (see Pants on Fire)

Mitt Romney says confidently
Here’s one thing that I’ll never be -
The Pres of deception,
But I’ll make an exception
If the facts and I don’t agree.

No comments: