The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Insanity in the House

Marsha Blackburn(R-TN) said in a panel discussion on CNN that she'd be willing to vote for the repeal of Obamacare every single day.

 

RICHARD SOCARIDES (CO-PANELIST): You’ve voted [to repeal] 30 times already this year!
BLACKBURN: And we’re going to do it again. We’re going to do it again. We’re going to do it again.
SOCARIDES: How many times?
BLACKBURN: I wish we’d go do it every single day. It is a terrible piece of legislation.

 

Remember the phrase defining insanity as doing something over and over and expecting a different result?

 

Obamacare we will repeal

It doesn't matter whether we'll

Be doing it repeatedly,

Until it's done completedly

We'll go on with the same refrain

'Though some will think that we're insane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So once again, I get the repeal, but what exactly is their plan for replace? Their focus, again, is on the mandate, which, as I previously stated, I support for two reasons:

1. It is morally the right thing to do to support fellow citizens who have pre-existing condidtions.

2. I am tired of paying for those who do not have health insurance but still use the health care system. Every year, our health care system is stuck with over $40 Billion of unpaid bills because people decided not to get health care insurance. This gets passed on to everyone.

So, my suggestion is this if Republicans repeal the law. Folks who are too poor to afford health insurance will be issued a card which will allow them to continue to use the health care system for which I will be happy to continue to financially support. However, those who can afford the insurance but refuse to do so must either demonstrate that they can pay out of their pockets (credit cards NOT accepted), or else they do not receive any health care services.

Sounds a little grumpy, but I have not had a good night's sleep with all the damn fireworks going off.

-Nessie