The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Newt Gingrich Acrostic

Newt’s a dead man walking
Ever out there hawking
Weird ideas, but now he’s talking
To Rick’s voters he’s been stalking:

Gone forever is your Rick
It was Mitt he couldn’t lick.
Now I’m the only one to pick
Give me your support real quick -
Remember that Mitt is just a dick.
Inevitable? That’s just a trick.
Choose a real right-winger, not some slick
Hustler – I’m the guy with whom to stick.


For more poems about Newt Gingrich, type "Newt" in the Search This Blog box in the upper right corner.

No comments: