The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Trump Endorsement

The Donald said last month that he might run
As independent to be president.
But no, not really - that was just for fun.
Instead he’d like to make it evident

Who he’d prefer to be the nominee.
Newt Gingrich thought that he’d be recommended
But Donald said that it was not to be.
I’ll go for Mitt, he said, his hair is splendid!

No comments: