The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Ron Paul: You Won the Vote but I Have the Delegates

The Ron Paul campaign has a plan to ensure that Ron Paul delegates are elected to the convention, regardless of the voting results in non-binding causes in Iowa, Minnesota and Maine.  The Plan was discussed in detail by Ron Paul strategist Doug Wead in a recent Rachael Maddow show.  

Ron Paul’s supporters have a plan
To get more delegates than
His vote percentile would allow.
Don’t ask me to explain just how
This can be done but it’s clever
And it’s legal, using rules to lever-
Age votes for Ron Paul’s guys
as delegates. What a big surprise
awaits poor Rick and Mitt, who thought
they won but might end up with naught.

No comments: