The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Friday, September 14, 2012

A Woman Scorned


I’ll be taking a break for a couple of weeks, but while I’m gone, here are some of Doggerelo’s greatest hits, in case you missed them first time around. 

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Scandal dogged the President’s South American trip, as 12 secret service agents assigned to protecting the President were sent home on charges relating to soliciting sex from local prostitutes.  Apparently one of the agents did not pay for services rendered, leading to a complaint from the woman involved

A secret service bro’
Solicited sex from a pro
Her pay he retained
So she loudly complained
His service ain’t secret no mo’.

No comments: