The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Rick Santorum on Contraception


One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country. … It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be....Rick Santorum, October 2011.

Hon, how are things supposed to be tonight?
The usual would probably be alright.
But if the urge for something counter calls?
Only if it stays within these walls.
Well, I’d like to use a condom if I may.
OMG, but after we must pray! 

No comments: