The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Christian Vote


The Christian right will vote on Saturday
And then we’ll see if they accept
The Church of Mitt  - The Saints of Latter-Day.
But Newt won’t get their vote - he slept
Around a bit while he was married
Because he wanted partners varied.
Rich Santorum’s sure to get
A lot of Christian votes, I'll bet.
For Rick said God told him, "I warrant
It would be a grave mistake
If gays the vows of marriage take."
Some Christians find them all abhorant
And will sit it out election night.
And you know what? I think they're right!

No comments: