The poet William Stafford set himself the task of writing a poem a day. When someone asked him what he would do when his poem-of-the-day wasn't very good, he replied "I simply lower my standards." In order to increase output, the bar here is set at a low level - the point of this is to have some fun with current events and politics. I welcome contributions and comments. Now you can also follow Doggerelo on Twitter (@doggerelo). Because of continuing medical problems, I'm no longer able to post a poem-a-day. I'll continue to post poems, but at a reduced frequency, so please stay tuned.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rush Says He's Sorry

Rush Limbaugh issued kind of an apology for his vituperative attacks on Sandra Fluke, a law student who testified before a Congressional Committee on birth control issues. He said, “… I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.”  Words like “slut” and “prostitute”, which he apparently didn’t mean to be a personal attack.  Shows you how detached from reality an obese drug addict can be…oops, I didn’t mean that to be a personal attack.

I wish I could take my words back
It wasn’t a personal attack
But I used the word “slut”
I should keep my mouth shut
‘Cause now some sponsors I lack.

No comments: